Saturday, May 3, 2008

Welcome Home

I got my first glimpse of my new home about 2 hours ago from the plane window. It was cloudy and raining and looked a lot like Portland, except the trees are all short. One of my new roommates picked me up at the airport and brought me to my new home. It's a cute little house, currently occupied by me and two RIT students. There will be another student moving in next month. My room is small and empty, but I will soon fix at least that last part. I've already got a bed being delivered tomorrow from craigslist.

Besides getting a bed, tomorrow will be spent buying food and furniture and unpacking. I'll need to start learning the bus routes soon and have to hunt down the local bike shops. Sadly, my bikes won't arrive for a few more days, so I'm foot and bus bound for a little while. For tonight I wasn't feeling up to any misadventures on the unfamiliar bus lines, so I just ordered a pizza. It should be arriving any minute now.

That's all for now, there will be more to come as I explore my new home.

No comments: