Saturday, May 17, 2008

Improvements

Things are looking up today. I woke up pretty early and went down to the public market for another week's worth of yummy produce. I also ended up getting more flatbread (yay, pizza!) and a tub of hummus. Total cost for everything: $6.75 . I love that market. The only problem with it is the smell of elephant ears/beaver tails/fried dough that permeates the air. Hard to resist. I managed, but only by promising myself a treat from Tim Horton's every time I go out to Wegmans.

After I got home I planned to eat some lunch, chill out for a while, then go do an interval workout on my bike. Well, the weather sort of forced me to chill out for 3 hours. We had about a half hour of torrential rain, and then the sun broke through. I checked at least three weather sites to see if the sun was going to hold. They all disagreed, so I decided to go ride anyway. I got lucky and stayed dry.

When I got home I was incredibly hungry, so I cooked up some dinner (rice, tilapia, salad = yummy) and am now going to rest my legs while watching a movie. I'll probably fall asleep early tonight, that workout has hit me hard.

Classes start on Tuesday. I've had a sneak preview of some of the syllabi and it's going to be intense. I don't think I'm going to want to be going back and forth between school and home, so I'll need to figure out lunches and snacks and things to take with me. I've been doing very well food-wise and I don't want to fall back into bad habits when I get busy. Time to start cooking and freezing things, I think.

No comments: