Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Bike!

I slept in until about 11:30 today. I didn't realize that I was that tired. I decided to forgo to Public Market, since it closes a 1pm on T/Th. Instead I puttered around online while eating breakfast, took a nice long shower, puttered around online some more and finally made an exciting discovery. Ups.com said that my bike had been delivered! Yesterday it said "Estimated Delivery: 5/9/2008" so I was skeptical, but sure enough, there was a gigantic box on the porch! They must have snuck it on there while I was showering.

So, I drop all potential plans for the day and get to work on my bike. The bike stuff goes on the other blog. But, I made a potential friend at the bike shop. We exchanged phone numbers and will hopefully meet for food sometime in the near future. He seems like a nice guy, probably 30-something, and patiently explained that the road near my house is not pronounced the way any sane person would pronounce it. Seriously, it's "Chili." But, if you're in Rochester, the "i" sounds like "eye." I swear, that's way worse than Aloha or Couch St. Apparently there are many words like that around here and I should expect to be laughed at frequently. Can't wait.

So, despite the late start, I consider today a success. Maybe tomorrow I'll get to the coffee shop. Or get an extension cord with an adapter so I can plug my computer in in my bedroom. That would be nice.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What, like "chai-lai?" That's the most absurd thing I've ever heard.

Isn't it wonderful to have a bike! Mine was out of commission yesterday and I was sad.

Caitlin said...

Yeah, it's ridiculous. I think New York might beat Oregon for ridiculously bizarre place names and pronunciations.