Sunday, July 6, 2008

Fun holidays

I got a real break this weekend. That's why I haven't updated, I've been too busy having fun. I haven't had class since Wednesday and I've been thoroughly enjoying myself all this time. Here's a brief summary of my long weekend:

Thursday: Be Lauren's patient for her final demo. She did a great job, and I managed to not giggle too much. Then I went to the gym, did some homework, baked some muffins, watched a movie, and just relaxed all day.

Friday: Went for a ride with Bernie and another friend of his. Can't remember the friend's name, but it was a nice long ride. I was pretty tired by the end, since I had done a lot of riding throughout the week. Post-ride I took a little nap and then went out to Sarah's for a 4th of July BBQ. It was almost all people that I'd met before, including Paul, the tall geeky guy. Everybody had a great time, and I spent most of the evening with 2 year old Yasmine on my lap trying to convince her that she could only hold one piece of watermelon in each hand and should eat what she had before trying to grab more. That was only somewhat successful, but I've apparently become one of her favorite people, second only to Paul. When she wasn't sitting on my lap she was busy splashing around in the kiddie pool or trying to help her mom feed Maya, the nearly one year old. Besides the time playing with the little tiny people, I did manage to have real conversations with the adults too. I even got to talk to Paul for a while. Sarah tried as hard as she could to get us to go watch the fireworks, but that didn't work since he seemed unwilling to offer me a ride and I was too shy to ask for one. So after everyone else had gone home, Sarah, Ronen, Paul and I all stuck around and chatted until almost midnight. I found out that they play Settlers and other board games, so maybe there are board game nights in the future. I think the BBQ thing is starting to get old, so Sarah's going to have to come up with other ways to try to throw Paul and I together.

Saturday: Lot of grocery shopping, a pathetic attempt at homework, and then headed over to Katherine's house for a Wii party. I'd never played on a Wii before, so this was very exciting. Turns out I'm a very good Wii boxer and have excellent balance on the Wii Fit, but can't hula hoop to save my life. Wii Fit is really fun. It's a questionable workout, but it at least gets you moving and is very well designed. There's even a little step aerobics game that works like DDR. After we'd had our fill of the Wii, we baked some cookies and watched SNL. Then we all found beds to sleep in (it was a sleepover Wii party) and were out for the night.

Sunday: I woke up and got to watch the second stage of the Tour de France live. It was pretty good, though nothing unexpected happened. Then we went to the kitchen for breakfast and about halfway through my bagel I started to feel really light headed and nauseous. I had to go lie down for a while before it cleared, and even then I couldn't move much without getting waves of nausea. I have no idea what was wrong. I'm feeling mostly okay now, so hopefully it was a weird fluke thing. I'm probably just fighting off a bug and all the stress from school was a little too much for me. If it happens again I might go get checked for anemia or something, because I've had some minor problems with low iron in the past. I ended up staying at Katherine's until about 5pm, working on my Nursing Science essay and a few other things. Now I'm sitting at Panera trying to finish that essay, but obviously getting a little distracted.

Here's what's in store for next week:
Monday: Review session for pharm test
Tuesday: Pharm test
Wednesday: Nursing Science test
Thursday: Health Assessment test
Friday: Nursing Science essay due
Next Monday: Genetics essay due.

I don't have any classes after 9am Thursday morning. And then my new class, Therapeutic Interventions starts next Monday. That means that if I can get my genetics essay done quickly, I can have the whole weekend free of homework. That sounds too good to be true.

No comments: