Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Feeling better

I'm back home now, having spent a really nice day hanging out with Sarah and the little ones. I had gone over to her house to do that online exam, because if I went home I was pretty sure I would forget about it, and ended up staying until after dinner. She gave me lots of hugs, fed me, chatted with me, let me play with her adorable children, and generally did a fabulous job of cheering me up. I think Maya is starting to get to know me, and Yasmine will usually give me random flying hug attacks throughout the day and won't let me leave without saying goodbye. It's very sweet and cute and a perfect way to forget about stressful life stuff. We even went for a walk to the park after Ronen got home and I got to play with more adorable small children, including a set of 2 year old twins named Henry and Calvin who insisted on repeatedly filling my hands with woodchips.

Tomorrow is my first day of clinicals. I'm going to a long term care facility close-ish to the hospital, but far enough that I'll be carpooling with my friend Laura. I offered to buy the coffee if she'd drive, which I think is a good deal. We have to be there at 7:00am, so I'm meeting her at her house by 6:30, just to be sure that we're not late on our first day. I have a few final things to do before I'm ready to go, but otherwise I should be all set. I'm sure I will have a lot to talk about after this first day, but I may not get to blogging about it until later, depending on how long I need to recover.

No comments: